- 10 oz. (300g) minced turkey fillet
- 1/2 cup (115g) rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup (60g) red kidney beans, drained
- 1/3 cup (85g) sweet corn, drained
- 1/3 cup (30g) grated cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin,
- 1 tsp sweet pepper,
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1/3 tsp ground pepper
Heat the oil in a large pan, add onions and garlic, cooking for 3-4 minutes. Next, add the meat and fry for about 5-6 minutes until cooked throughout.
Add spices, mix, then add the dry rice and mix again. Next add the chopped peppers, beans, corn, canned tomatoes and broth. Mix and bring to a boil. Simmer covered on low heat for about 17-20 minutes.
Add grated cheese, cover and heat for another 2 minutes until the cheese melts, then serve.
Dairy free option: cheese in this recipe is optional, so if you prefer a dairy free meal, just skip the cheese or replace with a vegan version.
(Serves 4) Nutrition per serving: 295 kcal / 9g Fat / 21g Carbs / 31g Protein