- 7 oz. (300g) chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (100g) rice
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3/8 cup (100g) sweet corn, drained
- ½ cup (100g) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tomato, peeled & chopped
- 1 avocado, stone removed, diced
- 1 tbsp. lime
- ½ chilli, chopped
- handful coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
Chop the chicken into cubes, season with salt, pepper, spices and crushed garlic.
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging, drain, and transfer onto a plate and cool.
Heat the oil in frying pan over medium-high heat, and fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the chopped onions and diced peppers and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add the drained corn, beans and the cooked rice, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove from heat, add the peeled and diced tomato, mix.
To serve, divide the rice between plates, top with avocado, drizzle with lime juice, and sprinkle with chopped chili and coriander.
– To easily peel the tomato, pour boiling water over it for about 1 min, the skin will then come off easily.
(Serves about 4) Nutrition per serving: 360 kcal / 16g Fat / 32g Carbs / 24g Protein