- 1 large tomato
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. (80g) canned tuna in spring water
- a pinch of oregano
- a pinch of chili flakes
- parsley, chopped, for the garnish
Peel the tomato and chop into cubes.
Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the chopped tomato and fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes.
Create 2 gaps in the tomato and break the eggs into them. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange pieces of Tuna on top. Then sprinkle with dried oregano and optionally chili flakes.
Fry for a further 3 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked. Serve with fresh parsley garnish.
- You can replace tuna with feta or Gorgonzola cheese if you prefer
- For an extra carbohydrate boost serve with toasted rye or whole grain bread (or millet as a gluten-free option)
- Dried basil is also a great substitute for the oregano
(Serves 1) Nutrition per serving: 307 kcal / 15g Fat / 8g Carbs / 32g Protein