Your body is a temple for your brain, mind, spirit, soul, or whatever word you prefer to use. Your body is the thing that allows you to exist, so it deserves your attention and respect.
Most of us treat our bodies like it’s a combination of an amusement park and a garbage dump. We have bad habits that destroy our health and ultimately our happiness.
The obesity rate for adults in the US is over 40% for the first time. That’s a lot of people that are choosing not to give their body what it needs, craves, and deserves for peak performance.
Keep these tips in mind to keep your body in top condition:
1. See your doctor. Your doctor is an expert on health. They went to school for a long time to master their field. Many people avoid going to the doctor, but this is a mistake.
– There are plenty of serious problems that have no obvious symptoms, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and mild to moderate type-2 diabetes. You can’t detect these types of issues based on how you feel. However, your doctor can diagnose such things.
– See your doctor once a year or as recommended by your doctor.
2. Wear clothes that make you look good. A temple should be well cared for on the inside and the outside. Your clothes protect and honor your body. Give your body the respect it deserves and show others that you respect it.
3. Get a hairstyle that flatters your face. Your face is part of your body, too. Make the most of your face and your hair.
– When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you take better care of yourself.
4. Eat nutritiously. There’s nothing more important to your health than your diet. The food you eat becomes your body. Your cells and organs are made from the food you eat. Eat nutritious food if you want to have a healthy body.
5. Sleep enough. A simple rule is to go to bed eight hours before you have to get up. That gives you a little time to read, ponder the world, or do whatever else it is you do in bed before falling asleep.
– If you’re one of those people that needs 9 hours of sleep, ensure that you get 9 hours.
6. Be safe. Avoid taking unnecessary risks. You can’t live without your body, so take good care of it. Many people are injured, paralyzed, or killed by doing silly things that provide zero benefit.
7. Avoid excessive sun exposure. The sun feels good, and it is good, within reason. Avoid spending time in the sun in the middle of day during the summer.
8. Avoid getting sick. Stay away from others that are sick or might be sick. Why would you risk your most precious possession? Take care of yourself.
How do you view your body? Are you as healthy as you could be? What would be better about your life if you were healthier?
It only makes sense to give yourself a nice location to spend the rest of your life. Treat your body with love and reverence. It’s the only one you get.