In such a fast-moving world, it’s so important to stay on the cutting edge.
Your creative ideas of yesterday may have a different impact on today’s innovative age. So much so that you’ve likely realized the importance of finding new inspiration for innovation.
Your inspiration may change over time, but at least finding it is a start. Some inspiring things and people may be right in front of you. But others may take a little digging to find their value to your new vision of the world
Try seeking inspiration in these areas:
1. Historical figures with success stories. Much of the world as you know it today exists today because of contributions from historical figures. Many of them took bold steps that didn’t necessarily pay off. But their perseverance and creativity allowed them to become world-changers.
* Spend some time researching these world-changers. Understand their beginnings, inspirations, challenges, and turning points. You may find some similarities between you and one of them.
* You might find that those similarities can drive your own inspirations. Relate what you learned to modern day nuances and you can push the envelope of innovation.
2. Inventions before their time. You’ve likely heard the phrase, “think outside the box” before.
* Some of the greatest inventors introduced concepts before the world was even ready for them. These inventions can serve as inspirations for you, i.e. look at Leonardo da Vinci.
* Are there ideas in your bedside journal that you felt were too silly to share with anyone? Perhaps some of your innovation are fascinating enough that they can appeal to others. It can convince them that it’s actually something they want to see as well.
3. Nature. Look through your window and you’ll see nature all around you. It’s beautiful and intricate. Things that are so specially made are often great sources of inspiration.
* Look at the colors, shapes, patterns and behaviors of nature. Whether plants, animals, or seasons, their uniqueness inspires interest from science and novices alike. Many innovations that stand out take inspiration from elements in nature.
* Consider how they were created. You may not have all the answers, but that’s okay. What it can teach you, you will find is just what you needed.
4. Study people who are overcoming challenging obstacles. Their challenges are incomparable and difficult. Yet, they continue to push through with the aim of finding clear skies at the end of the road. If you can lay your eyes on someone like that, you can obtain a lot of the inspiration you need!
* How do they keep moving forward? Are there special strategies they employ?
When things seem impossible, the people who create a new path are the ones that change the face of the future.
* What you’ll realize is that bumps in the road don’t push you one step back. If you really want the prize, those bumps can push you one step further. That drive to succeed creates a spirit of fearlessness and boldness. That’s what you need to be innovative!
These sources can provide the inspiration you need to be creative. Take a different approach. And we’ll look forward to seeing your name in the history books!