In many parts of Asia, mangosteen fruit is known as the “Queen of Fruits.
The outer shell of the fruit is rather hard, typically 4-6 cm in diameter. Cutting through the shell, there is a white, fleshy fruit, about 3-5 cm in diameter. On average a mangosteen has about 5 fruits.
While it tastes great, we actually have 22 healthy reasons why everyone should be drinking mangosteen juice:
Top reasons to drink mangosteen juice:
1. Prevents hardening of the arteries
2. Protects the heart muscle
3. May aid in helping prevent Parkinson’s, Alzheimer and other forms of dementia
5. Prevents and arrest fungus
6. Prevents bacterial infections
7. Viral fighters and prevention of infections
8. Prevents gum disease
10. Lowers fevers
11. Eye care – may help prevent glaucoma and cataracts
12. Pansystemic – positive, synergistic effect on the whole body
13. Energy boosters – anti-fatigue
15. Promotes weight loss
16. Lowers blood fat
17. Anti-tumor benefits
18. Anti-cancer benefits: Mangosteen has powerful antioxidants
19. Lowers blood pressure
20. Numerous references to “Immunostimulants”
21. Helps lower blood sugar
22. It tastes good!
If you can find it in your local grocery store, or if you find yourself browsing the aisles of a natural health food store and come across mangosteen juice, give it a try! It’ll be something new, and maybe something you’ll want to drink after reading this!